European Diagnostic Solution Expert - Lab Automation
Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about Microbiology? Are you a trainer by heart? Are you interested in Lab Automation? Our outstanding Customer & Workflow Solutions team is looking for you to join our team as a European Diagnostic Solution Expert – Lab Automation.
As a European Diagnostic Solution Expert – Lab Automation, you play a key role in solution sustainment, you are responsible for the Lab Automation training, and knowledge sharing for the country based Microbiology Application Specialists. As a Trainer, the European Diagnostics Solution Expert – Lab Automation will prepare and equip the local Microbiology Application Specialists with all the knowledge and tools required to support and optimize customer workflow,- and education related needs, after prior successful implementation.
This position is key to the success of the Lab Automation long-term strategy and is required to drive a sustainable Customer Engagement Model. As a European Diagnostic Solution Expert Lab Automation you report to the Microbiology Solutions Manager, with a dotted line to the Global Services Education and Training Leader.
You will work closely with the Global Trainers, Product Managers, Project Managers, CWS Lab Automation Application Specialists, CWS European Diagnostic Solution Experts and local Microbiology Application Specialists to develop and manage the training content and documentation required.
The European Diagnostic Solution Expert – Lab Automation plays a key role in crafting efficient processes and impactful tools to support both internal and external customers with technical expertise, workflow advices and microbiology knowledge to build clinical end-to-end integrated Microbiology solutions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Train and educate Microbiology Applications Specialists on Lab Automation basics by making use of existing and innovative training delivery methods.
- Support the development and implementation of standardized Lab Automation training programs & tools for Application Specialists to improve their skills on Lab Automation Solutions, Analytics and integrated workflows.
- Working closely with Global Services Education and Training team for standardized practices and documentation.
- Track and trend common issues that can be rectified through additional customer or employee training.
- Further, deploy the Customer Engagement Model to support solution sustainment/optimization and empower IDS solution integration.
- Drive customer experience by playing a lead role in optimizing customer workflow and connectivity requirements with medical experience and microbiology knowledge.
- Support migration activities.
- Engage and support BD Application Specialists to gather pre/post metrics to assess the improvement on customer Time to Result, Quality, Lab Productivity and Process flow as part of Solution optimization.
- Secure BD Competency standards across the extended CWS organization by coaching and mentoring Microbiology Applications Specialists on Lab Automation Solution Sustainment
- Support local teams with the configuration and validation of Lab Automation solutions to work optimally with the lab process.
- Support local teams with the key process improvement engagements/optimization of Lab Automation solutions to optimize lab processes (Workflow optimization, process re-design, lean lab design).
- Support the deployment of BD Professional Services.
- You have a degree in Microbiology and/or Biology.
- You have knowledge of the Microbiology laboratories processes and techniques.
- You have excellent communication-, presentation-, and trainer skills!
- You are a Lean Practitioner.
- You have experience in a Technical, Clinical Training or Educational environment.
- You have experience in a hospital setting: supporting and troubleshooting Instrumentation and/or Laboratory Information Systems.
- You are an enthusiastic person and are able to motivated people!
- You are proficient in English (Dutch and German is a plus).
- You are flexible and willing to travel up to 50%
- To customer sites for mentoring country application specialist
- To Drachten and/or Eysins office for training purposes and internal meetings when needed
What we can offer you:
- Become part of a team that makes a meaningful contribution to global healthcare, saving and improving the lives of people around the world.
- Unlimited possibilities for further development of your career, nationally and internationally.
- Improving competences through the BD University.
- The opportunity to participate in international volunteer programs!
Do you recognize yourself in the above points? Then you could just become our new colleague!
Primary Work LocationNLD Drachten - Kraaiheide
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick