Market Access Manager
Job Description Summary
Market Access Manager
Milan / Italy
A superb, wide-ranging career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
The Market Access Manager for Italy will be responsible for understanding the business needs of a cross functional organization, building and promoting successfully Institutional Stakeholder Value Propositions coming from one or more Business Units in close partnership with Italian Leadership Team (CBLs) and BUs Marketing by providing innovative, strategic leadership and added value initiatives.
He/She will be able to lead the strategy and the tactical execution of Market Access & Gov’t Affairs projects and initiatives across BD businesses. He/She will implement assigned projects through appropriate research design, high level project management, in depth analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of outcomes of each single initiative to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
The Market Access Manager will report to the Director of Market Access & Gov’t Affairs Italy & Greece within the Italian Market Access & Government Affairs Department.
- Communicate a thorough knowledge of BD Products and Solution information: science, marketing initiatives, market research techniques, promotional venues, brand strategy, medical/legal requirements, future challenges and opportunities (scientific, medical, industry or competitive issues) that will influence the BDX brand
- Support BUs on evaluation and analysis of all potential access barriers at regional/national level, in alignment with the field team, and help identifying potential new business opportunities
- Direct the development of key strategic initiatives for BDX. Sell the proposal/initiative and implement its plan, and ensure appropriate follow-up with internal and external Stakeholders
- Design and implement Market Access & Gov’t Affairs projects that support the clinical, economic, and customer centered value propositions for BD products and solutions
- Help identifying HEOR priorities in a timely manner, including but not limited to BD product level value assessments, evidence gap assessments, Global Value Dossiers (GVDs), economic models, etc…
- Ensure that scientific data resulting from the execution of Market Access, HE are appropriately positioned in the public domain and communicated
- Design, plan and execute publication/dissemination projects outcomes plans
- Provide project management leadership and guide internal resources / external vendors to execute strategies
- Support the development of an Annual Plan, ASR for growth and collaborate actively to the Country Commercial Plan with each cluster of internal Stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all BD standard policies and procedures
- Interact with external thought-leaders and government/payer groups to conduct research and develop advocates
Knowledge and Skills:
- Full understanding of Public Policy and Advocacy concepts, HEOR and Marketing principles and practices with significant experience executing priority programs with moderate to high complexity and visibility
- Demonstrated effectiveness in Value Propositions creation
- Experience with clinical/scientific outcomes assessment is a plus
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and organizational/administrative skills, including experience in teaching and training internal colleagues, and outstanding presentations skills from small to large groups
- Proficiency in project management and in negotiating project budgets, leading projects and project teams to timelines, be able to scope and budget independently
- Action-oriented, customer-focused, with effective prioritization, goal-setting and time management skills
- Manage challenging or conflictual situations and recommend effective solutions to problems both internal as team leader or externally as mentor or coach
- Previous experience in digital communication to maximize messaging delivery is a plus
- Candidate must have an Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare, business or economics related discipline (MD, PhD, MSc, MPH, and/or MBA). Relevant disciplines include medicine, pharmacy, molecular biology, health services research, health administration, economics, epidemiology, and healthcare policy
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of market access/ marketing experience, with at least 3 years of Pharma or MedTech experience in the life sciences/healthcare industry (examples include biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, hospitals)
- Product launch and business development experience required
- Fluent in English language
It’s a superb, all-round Market Access Manager career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationITA Milano - Via Enrico Cialdini
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick