Sales Representative (Permanent Posting)
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for “Sales” at BD
At BD, sales go beyond selling products. As the leading medical technology company in the ever-transforming healthcare industry, we see how important it is to provide cutting edge solutions. This means changing how we partner with public and private-sector customers to understand their needs and improve patient lives.
About the role
As Sales Representative reporting to our Area Manager, you will work closely to our sales team developing tactical sales plan and acting proactively to maximize revenues, according to the agreed sales targets.
Key challenge will be to drive and accelerate sales growth and penetration of our product portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the achievement of the assigned sales targets and timely and effective post-sales support and solutions adoption
- Put in action activities for an active customer acquisition
- Document and Update all sales opportunity in BD’s CRM Opportunity Mgmt tool on a weekly basis
- Daily contact with clinicians and non clinical partners and with the health departments.
- Accountable for setting up and manage product’s consignment based on tender’s requirements and customers needs
- Build positive and credible working relationships with all Hospital partner
- Ensure, in collaboration with Area Manager, ongoing training of hospital personnel through the coaching and the organization of internal courses
- Ensure regular presence in the operating room in order to keep customers constantly updated on the correct use of the products in use and to present the new technologies
- In collaboration with Marketing Manager lead the set up and management of BD events in the assigned territory
- Collaborate with tender & contract departments on handling large scale tender supporting the preparation of the most effective technical/commercial offer according to customer needs
- Provides input on market trends, new players, new product introductions, and existing products or supplies.
- Have the energy and ability to lead and drive the whole sales process.. Being highly motivated and action-orientated, with well-developed eye for business, readily able to work both individually and as one of a team. Highly customer-centric.
- Exhibit courage and curiosity. Demonstrated track record of success. Show hunger to learn and keep up to date on products and procedures. Communicates clearly and fluently.
- Preferably educated to science or economic degree
- Proven experience in sales management in medical devices industry
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship building skills and the clear ability to assess and respond to customer needs
- An excellent communicator and presenter with robust interpersonal and analytical skills, you’re a flexible teammate who enjoys working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills require. Your ability to aim for results and meet targets complements your initiative and ability to work autonomously to prioritize, to handle and respond to customer concerns, and complete assigned task. Additionally, you handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationITA Milano - Via Enrico Cialdini
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick