Continuous Improvement Manager
Job Description SummaryThe Continuous Improvement Manager plays a key role in managing- and assuring the implementation of the CI (Continuous Improvement) program portfolio for the European Distribution Center (EDC) in Olen.
He/she will work in close collaborations with key internal- and external stakeholders to assure an efficient and effective implementation of projects and programs, aligned with local and company policies, budgets, timelines and with a high focus on change management and installing a culture/mindset of zero loss amongst the EDC population.
He/she will report to the Sr. Operations Manager Olen.
- Management of a CI project portfolio
- Analyze the EDC process, system & organization CI initiatives based on management of KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and prioritize in alignment with key stakeholders in the matrix organization.
- Drive implementation of assigned projects based on DMAIC (Define, Measure , Analyze , Improve , Control) or equivalent project management methodology.
- Deliver change management support to optimize smooth implementation
- Ensure effective communication both from an individual project point of view and an overarching portfolio point of view
- Ensure implementation in alignment with ISO 13485 requirements (update Quality Management System, Standard Operating Procedures , …)
- Act as a point of contact for key internal & external stakeholders with regards to the project portfolio (procurement, suppliers, …)
- Install a continuous improvement/ zero loss mindset within all layers of the organization
- Play a key role in the implementation of a zero loss / continuous improvement culture within the organization based on the BD Production System methodology with focus on safety , 5S , tiered communication and continuous skill development.
- Implement, follow up of appropriate KPI’s in different layers of the organization with focus on Safety, Quality, Deliver, Cost & People (SQDCP)
- Deliver change management support and ensure broad adoption across the organization
- Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Facilities management, Project management or equivalent
- Proven experience in managing a project portfolio (as well as individual projects) within an operational / logistics environment with high focus on increasing customer experience.
- Ability to drive change and implement a culture of continuous improvement and zero loss within a broad organization
- Knowledge & experience in the usage of DMAIC, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S and other project management & CI methodologies.
- Good Analytical skills & insight in management of KPI’s
- Good communication and presentation skills, incl. ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Experience with SAP , Manhattan WMS ( warehouse management system) and experience in QMS ( Quality Management System – ISO 13485 / CAPA – Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions) are strong plus
- Personal values need to be aligned with the company culture: BD Way
Are you driven by Improvement?
Please apply below.
Primary Work LocationBEL Olen
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick