Business Development Executive
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Medication Management Solutions at BD
Medication Management Solutions (MMS) believes that everything begins with—and centers around—the patient. Everyone from the pharmacy technician to the nurse at the bedside face thousands of decisions every day that can impact the safety of both their patients and themselves. We believe that by looking beyond technologies at the entire system of medication management processes and policies, and by establishing a culture of safety, together we can achieve better outcomes and reduce the chance of medication errors.
Our vision is clear: Protect patients from medication errors; optimize efficiency to release time to care and reduce costs; deliver medication from hospital to home.
About the role
As Business Development Executive (BDE), you will work within our MMS team in Norway generating incremental revenues and profit through selling new cross business solutions that are focused in improving patient safety and productivity of hospitals as well as hospital pharmacies. The BDE will also be responsible for developing account strategies to increase category share of all patient care segments and all product categories of the BD MMS products and services.
The BDE will work closely with other members of the commercial function including Clinical and Marketing within Nordics and EMEA region.
We are a growing team, and this is a newly created position in a market with phenomenal growth potential.
Competitive salary + health insurance + pension plan + Company Car + Office Allowance + Sales Incentive Bonus Scheme
Main responsibilities will include:
- Outline and lead solution management for customers that centralize Dispensing workflows to ensure technology components of projects interface safely and accurately.
- Responsible for improving share of services by develop relationships and introduce the full range of patient care solutions and services.
- Develop corporate account strategies partnering with the multiple sales teams that improve revenue and profit for BD.
- Establish and maintain direct contact with key decision makers and opinion leaders (Chief Pharmacists, Hospital group buyers, CEO’s etc.).
- Encourage, empower, and develop in country sales team to achieve demanding sales targets.
- Produce accurate forecasts and achieve sales plans and communicate sales status on a regular basis using Salesforce.
- Build centralized procurement sales strategies across the sector of MMS in Norway.
- Manage account business analytics, planning & monitoring tools to help accelerate growth.
- Provide strategic, operational and analysis of business development matters nationally and regionally thru-out the Nordics.
- Support all strategic B2B relationships in conjunction with the EMEA team.
- Provide professional, process-focused pre-sales support; educating and helping current and future customers to understand the impact and value of an end-to-end dispensing processes.
- Support sales management, sales training, sales planning, key projects marketing and other relevant parts of the business to promote sales excellence and customer dedication through suitable and effective measures and means including metrics development and management, sales results analysis, customer segmentation and targeting and mentor projects.
- Participate in implementation projects, including clinical validation processes to ensure accuracy of processes, integrations, and interfaces to other IT systems.
- Track and measure ongoing projects to be formulated through CRM- effective understanding of SFDC.
- Support customers and business partners, providing professional support and technology optimization assessments.
- Collaborate with customers to produce testimonials, process-transformation studies and ‘White Papers’, to further explain and promote adoption of solutions.
- Strong eye for business.
- High level of understanding of commercial processes and dynamics required.
- Held Business Development responsibilities in a matrix organization focused on solution selling in either an IT based, or Healthcare based organization.
- Experience and expertise selling to technical decision makers by aligning and reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria preferred.
- The ability to engage, involve and influence cross functional teams (sales, marketing, technical) to drive the required outcome for the customer.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationNOR Oslo
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick