Clinical Resource Consultant, Medication Delivery Solutions West Africa
Job Description Summary
In a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive healthcare environment, we are seeking to recruit a Clinical Resources Consultant with strong knowledge of the local health care environment and can acquire/demonstrate sound knowledge of both Clinical services /BD products and effectively leverages this to advance business opportunities as they relate directly to customer needs. support the commercial team in the field and works closely with the rest of the organisation to align and further develop the clinical tools with the MDS strategy. You will be reporting the clinical leader and Country Business Manager.
- The primary responsibility of the Clinical Consultant is to develop/ deliver clinical strategies/ solutions that is customer centric which may include but is not limited to the following key areas identified above:
- Clinical assessment/ auditing solutions delivery in the field
- Account conversion planning/ implementation.
- Strong KOL network development
- Communication of Scientific research, publications, clinical guidelines
- Scientific & technical support to customers – complex queries
- Continual support of the clinical knowledge and product knowledge needs of the commercial team through communication with the team and the business Manager. To include clinical induction training and regular review of their clinical skills, product knowledge and training abilities.
- Build strong relationships with strategic Key Opinion Leaders in order to support the services & product portfolio. Help secure their attendance and support at conferences, company events.
- Explore and provide feedback on clinical trends, customer needs and to ascertain information on competitor activity through mediums such as voice of the customer
- Help maintain and continually update the clinical/product database with relevant articles, reports, publications and national guidelines.
- Manage product complaints which require clinical investigation
- Support the commercial/ distributor team through joint customer visits including presenting and delivering BD Clinical services, BD product clinical evidence and demonstrating BD solution cost and organizational efficiency.
Qualifications / Requirements :-
· Medical/Nursing qualification is essential.
· 2 -4 years clinical experience, specially Peripheral Vascular Access and IV Therapy – both practical skills and awareness of best practice
- Proven track record of clinical success in the hospital environment or in a similar job within the medical industry.
- Good English and French communications skills both verbal and written.
- A strong strategic thinker, who anticipates trends and can contribute to creating competitive breakthrough strategies.
- Good commercial acumen: previous commercial experience is a plus
- Good understanding of the consultative selling process.
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills and approach in a planned and process orientated manner.
- Confident in giving presentations to small and large customer groups (internal and external).
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills that work effectively with all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Action and results oriented in a highly competitive market.
- Good understanding of project management.
- Coaching and man-management experience an advantage.
- Must be well organised, able to prioritize appropriately and display good time management skills.
- Is able to use IT as an aide to analyzing data, problem solving and effective communication.
- Is able to travel around allocated region and to the office and remain flexible with time spent away from home (overnight hotel stays will be needed).
- Must display high levels of self-awareness and maturity.
- A reliable and supportive team player who is committed to and passionate about healthcare and the success of the medical surgical systems business
- Driving license
Primary Work LocationGHA Osu - Secant Tower
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick