Job Description Summary
Territory Representative – West Africa
As a Territory Representative, you will be responsible for driving and accelerating sales growth and penetration of BD’s Medication Delivery Solution (MDS) product portfolio and to meet required sales growth targets. You will be accountable for growing and developing BD Medical Systems business in the region by understanding the needs and requirements of health professionals and administrators, additionally you will accountable for positioning and selling BD Medical products to meet these needs in a targeted, planned, and cost effective profitable manner. Reporting to the Territory Manager, you will be responsible for sales of all BD Medical Products within West Africa.
Key features of the role include:
- Develop and execute successful sales strategies to drive and accelerate growth of BD Medical Products portfolio.
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of sales and opportunities pipeline. Work closely with local leadership and the marketing team to identify new leads and opportunities to close business. Own and be accountable for new business leads and current customer base
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of current market, vision of expected market evolution and implications on customer needs
- Support and expand BD portfolio in current customer accounts and be the first point of contact for customer queries relating to sales activity and service
- Travel as required to visit customers, and attend business meetings
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and BD core values
Educated to a university level (bachelor’s degree) you will have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales role within the Medical Diagnostic and/or Pharmaceutical environment. You will be an excellent all-rounded communicator and have influencing skills, interpersonal and analytical skills, A strong team player, strong on business acumen and negotiation, you will have:
- A proven successful sales track record, solid negotiation skills, understanding of buyer/decision maker types, exhibit effective selling, listening, and verbal/presentation skills, and ability to assess and respond to customer needs.
- Working experience and understanding of the Government Purchasing Policies and Practices.
- Knowledge in dealing with Private Hospital Groups and the Academic Hospitals Knowledge of the key competitors in the market.
- Selling full product solutions to senior stakeholders within an organization would be advantageous.
English and French
Primary Work LocationGHA Osu - Secant Tower
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick