Material Controller (12 months Fixed Term Contract)
Job Description SummaryBD Plymouth are a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, and very proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
BD is recruiting a Material Controller on a 12 month FTC to cover maternity. You will be the Plant Procurement Lead for Raw Material purchasing. You will maintain Raw Material stocks for the manufacture of Life Science Products. This position is also responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all applicable SAP parametric settings. You will provide support to the Plant and Category Management for site specific World Wide category teams and interface with other departments to provide quick and accurate responses to queries and requests.
As Material Controller, you will;
- Be Material Controller for Raw materials – metrics to include; SAP metrics, inventory projections, inventory turns, inventory value, stock out, stock versus safety stock.
- Maintain inventories of designated materials to support the production plan, via SAP and supporting processes.
- Convert and maintain MRP requirements and process the requirements into purchase orders for Raw Materials.
- Monitor purchase order performance to ensure materials arrive on time and at the right price.
- Maintain the SAP system’s Purchasing Master Data, for pricing, sourcing, listing and de-listing and regularly review stocking rules for all Raw Materials.
- Support Procurement facilitator with vendor supply / quality / claims issues.
- Support change process, material phase in and out.
- Develop analyses and reports as required
- Support the Shared Service Center with the processing of invoice queries and blocked invoices.
- Support Quality Assurance in the Quality Standards for all purchased raw materials.
- Conduct Vendor interface for Raw Materials, especially scheduling, material handling issues and forward planning.
- Work closely with the Planners for forward demand placed via internal systems and to schedule requirements being input into SAP to drive MRP
- Monitor operation of Supplier Kanbans – make adjustments as necessary to ensure cost effective continuity of supply.
- Support Company Procurement with any cost saving initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience in supply chain from a manufacturing environment. You will have excellent IT skills particularly with SAP, MRP and MS Office systems. You will be competent with data analysis and statistics and be able to use Excel to an advanced level to generate reports and data.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please APPLY.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationGBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate
Work ShiftGB-PLY Office Staff 0830-1630 (United Kingdom)
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick