Senior Project Engineer - Moulding
Job Description Summary=== BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER! ===
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting a Senior Project Engineer - Moulding to implement cost reduction and continuous process improvement activities, also to maximise capacity constraint programmes for future business growth. You will effectively plan / track and manage the actions of multi-disciplined teams and external vendors to deliver projects within the time frame identified by the annual budget process.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Direct, coach and develop direct reports
- Monitor and measure all direct reports on current projects
- Prepare accurate project schedules and capital appropriation requests for all projects.
- Collaborate closely with the quality, regulatory, facilities, production and marketing departments to obtain their input and / or support to ensure projects are successfully initiated and validated within time frame and budget.
- Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity, quality, safety and efficiency. Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements, manage the selection of Vendors, placement of orders and track building progress through to Factory Acceptance Trials.
- Prepare / Manage manufacturing and validation document amendments in relation to process change and the introduction of new equipment.
- Coordinate the failure mode effect analysis process in order to carry out risk analysis of process changes. Provide operational and technical training as necessary.
- Utilise Six Sigma Methodologies (DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) and carry out Statistical data analysis to effectively scope and manage improvement activities.
- Ensure projects are compliant with Health and Safety legislation, environmental legislation, legislation appropriate to the medical device industry in both Europe and USA, and division / plant procedures.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or have equivalent experience. You will have strong Project Management skills with a demonstrable track record of delivering projects on time and within budget. You will be a strong communicator and be able to give clear objectives, direction and mentorship to associated Engineers. You will have good knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding and related processes. You will be accustomed to working in a manufacturing environment within a regulated industry. Your communication skills will include being influential and collaborative in nature.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationGBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate
Work ShiftGB-PLY Office Staff 0830-1630 (United Kingdom)
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick