Field Applications Specialist Multi-Omics Solutions, Southern Europe
Job Description SummaryExperienced FAS to support BD's single cell solutions in Southern Europe.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Biosciences at BD
BD Biosciences (BDB) is a leading provider of high-quality flow cytometry and single-cell genomics solutions, scientific research and clinical laboratories. Here, we are leading the way by developing the best technologies that have the ability to look closer at the details of cells and diseases.
About the role
The Senior Single Cell Solution Field Applications Scientist is part of the Scientific Application Support Organization reporting to the regional FAS manager. He/She will interface between FAS, ESS, Sales and Marketing to support existing Multi-Omics customers. Based in Southern Europe, this role requires a solid understanding and proven experience in molecular techniques with a special emphasis on Next Generation Sequencing and real-time PCR.
The role includes conducting product demonstrations, customer trainings and providing support to help our customers achieve efficient results. You will have the ability to guide and support customers in experimental design and data analysis. You will work closely with the commercial team in pre-sales support activities. You will need to prioritize efficiently to achieve your goals. The territory will primarily be Southern Europe and will require about 60% travel. This position can work out of a home location site in the territory.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Design and execution of experimental strategies, and the interpretation of results.
- Hands on demonstration of protocols and workflows and troubleshooting customer results.
- Instrumentation and reagent workflow demonstrations in house and at customer sites.
- Designing, planning, coordinating and performing operator trainings for new and existing customers. Mentoring and training other members of the applications team.
- Provision of second level technical support to in-house and field support personnel.
- Provision of scientific support in Molecular Biology and Multi-Omics in regard to operational questions from customers as well as internal peers with focus on single cell analysis/ customized library prep assay development / set up.
- Provision of basic data analysis and bioinformatics support using the tools associated with the BD Rhapsody Single Cell Analysis System.
- Identification of complaints, reporting according to the most recent guidelines, supporting the complaint handling process.
- Keeping knowledge up to date with respect to new products and procedures to give an efficient support for training and demonstrations.
- Provision of support at tradeshows, European and locally organized, to demonstrate the platforms and technologies and to support the local teams.
You are most certainly educated to a PhD or equivalent with experience in Molecular Biology or Genomics. Preferably you have experience in the field of single cell analysis and practical lab experience in genomic applications such as next generation sequencing, sample prep/ library prep for genomic analysis, digital PCR and / qPCR assays. You should also possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Experience in customer interaction and support and dedication to provide outstanding customer service.
- Can perform under pressure in a dynamic and constantly developing environment and can prioritize.
- A standout colleague who is also capable of working individually.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus.
- Knowledge in high dimensional data analysis is a plus.
- Fluency in at least one of the languages: Spanish, French, Italian
- Business fluency in English is essential (spoken and written)
- Ability to maintain a travel schedule of up to 60% travel as the need arises.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Additional LocationsFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick