IDS Data Management Specialist
Job Description SummaryIDS. Customer Success Partner. Data Management Specialist
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best in their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
As DMS reporting to our IDS Application Specialist Manager, you’ll operate across our Integrated Diagnostic Solutions portfolio to support the implementation of our Iberia marketing strategy. You’ll be accountable to support customers within Spain on the IDS Middleware solutions and related IT connectivity activities. You will be involved in the pre-sales, sales, implementation and post-sales support processes such as the initial customer inquiry, lab audit, proposal of technical solutions during project, system implementation and integration into the final user IT infrastructure.
The Data Management Specialist is responsible for the support, upgrade and maintenance, problem resolution and troubleshooting of the Middleware solutions. This position role is key to:
- To install, implement, troubleshoot and maintain the Middleware (BD EpiCenter and the next generation) at customer sites.
- To connect to the customer IT network as required.
- To support/implement the Middleware and IDS instruments connections.
- Use, record and maintain data into the service management system.
- Support during the pre-sales activities such as: IT connectivity questions, lab audits, project proposals and customer interactions.
In this position, the DMS will also demonstrate a knowledge of the relevant scientific fields and products, and effectively leverage this to advance a sales opportunity. It’s a wide-ranging role involving:
- Strong business accumen in understanding Laboratory Medicine processes and pathways.
- Able to identify areas of improvement in Diagnostics processes by observation and dialogue at customer site and leverage it through transactional SSC opportunities /sales.
- Teaching, training and troubleshooting skills: Analytics (including cause root analysis skills).
- Results oriented balancing the short, medium and long run.
- Strong in developing customer intimacy and loyalty through a successful Customer Service (training, education, support, troubleshooting).
Educated to Degree level in Lifesciences, the ideal candidate will have a proven DMS experience in similar roles and preferably in Lifesciences companies with knowledge of Data Base Query language, SQL server installation and configuration, connectivity solutions, computer networking (VPN-VLAN) and ASTM protocol.
You will be able to demonstrate a successful record in training healthcare professionals which will include the implementation of new products, able to identify new opportunities whilst maintaining excellent customer relations within established accounts and develop key opinion leaders and able to work closely with members of the sales and marketing teams to deliver training and assist in meeting key opinion leaders. You’ll also bring:
- High level of English.
- Proven track to work in a complex environment with a multitude of geographically spread stakeholders.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, resilient. Ability to work autonomously, and be capable of independently generating, prioritising and completing work.
- Able to demonstrate effective territory and time management skills.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare, and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick