Medical Affairs Manager IDS Iberia
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Integrated Diagnostics Solutions at BD
By aligning and simplifying our work, our Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) business unit seeks to drive growth and innovation around everything from integrated specimen management to diagnostic solutions.
About the role
As Regional Medical Affairs Manager, you will provide non-promotional product and field scientific support to the commercial organization by utilizing academic credentials, clinical knowledge, and scientific expertise in scientific / clinical area under their responsibility to connect with healthcare providers, academic researchers, and organizations. These relationships ensure that key opinion leaders and organizations have access to relevant scientific information, and also that insights gathered externally will be communicated to key cross-functional partners internally. You should have an understanding of the disease states and diagnostic landscape, the trends, emerging evidence, and ongoing clinical trials/research. You will support and contribute to overall clinical research strategy, safety and conduct of clinical research of licensed products/solution.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and customers.
- Implement strategic, scientific, and educational initiatives to achieve integrated Medical Affairs objectives.
- Serve as the primary resource for clinical and scientific information to external HCPs for key scientific / clinical areas under their responsibility.
- Support education and training programs to improve patient outcomes and increase understanding of the disease state and treatment and / or diagnostic options.
- Interact with various customer segments via one-on-one interactions, small group discussions, and educational symposium presentations.
- Attend assigned scientific and medical congresses to gather information relevant to the organization’s scientific platforms and report this information to internal partners during debrief meetings.
- Facilitate KOL involvement in national, regional, and local educational forums including advisory boards, investigator meetings, educational symposia, and sponsored promotional programs.
- Act as Medical Reviewer / Approver for Promotional materials within the territory / Region, should these responsibilities be delegated from the respective BU Medical Affairs management.
- Act as a liaison for Investigator Sponsored Studies activities within Iberia, specifically as it pertains to supporting investigators through the application process and following up on study performance as per respective research grant agreement.
- Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Maintain a thorough and detailed solid knowledge of the organization and its products, current scientific research, and publications.
- Provide experienced support to the commercial activities such as promotional talks, corporate symposia, commercial advisory boards, brand planning etc. Actively participate and contribute in management and leadership meetings and activities.
- Master degree or higher (Life Sciences preferred)
- Proven experience in the industry including leading medical affairs or clinical research teams.
- Evidence generation experience with knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Ability to network/develop relationships with KOLs.
- Strong proficiency in the areas of clinical study design, statistics, technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and explain sophisticated clinical and scientific information.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven customer/client orientation
- Proven project management and ability to work in a matrix environment
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick