Senior Legal Counsel, Iberia
Job Description SummarySenior legal counsel supporting the BD organization in Iberia.
Senior Legal Counsel – Iberia
Spain/San Agustín del Guadalix
A superb, wide-ranging Legal Counsel career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘advancing the world of health’.
Based in San Agustin, Madrid, this position is responsible for providing strategic legal advice to the Iberia BD´s business including legal support to Manufacturing Plants and BD Dispensing business with dotted line to the Iberia General Manager and report into the EMEA Chief Legal Counsel.
The purpose of this role is to ensure BD´s compliance with local regulations and avoid legal risks. The role also involves strong coordination with the EMEA Compliance team in implementing BD Ethics program in the region.
As a member of the Iberian Local Leadership team, the role also contributes to the implementation of BD strategy in the region and drives regional initiatives and initiatives that contribute to individual and company success.
- Provide advice on all legal matters related to the company Business Units; Tender Department, Market Access function, Human Resources and Manufacturing Plans to resolve issues regarding regulatory and commercial topics.
- Advise management in a variety of areas including legal rights, obligations and privileges, employment law, contracts, corporate, compliance, subsidiary governance / maintenance, dispute avoidance and resolution, mergers and acquisitions, financings, negotiations and litigation management.
- Advise on local labour issues and negotiate with external parties on behalf of the Company, where needed or appropriate, in close coordination with the HR local teams and support preparation and review of legal documentation as required.
- Manage non-material litigation and supports in the management of material litigation.
- Assistance and support in Data Privacy policies and procedure.
- Drafting and update of contract templates as per new projects and regulation requirements.
- Review, assistance and oversight of the corporate documentation to be submitted before Notaries, Public Administrations, Commercial registry, etc. (Powers of Attorney, deeds, etc).
- Support in the annual process of filing annual accounts and preparation of corporate documentation to be executed and submitted (review of board minutes, getting the signature of board members, notarization of documents and submission to the Commercial Registry).
- Ensure the needs of management are met through internal resources and determines when it is appropriate to engage outside counsel.
- Review invoices from outside counsel, proactively manage costs and ensure appropriate and efficient use of outside counsel.
Experience & education
- Education: Law Degree in Spain or other EU country
- Experience: At least 10 years’ post-qualification experience in major law firm(s) and/or international companies. Experience of MedTech industry is an advantage.
Knowledge & skills
- Broad based knowledge of general corporate law and regulatory law impacting the MedTech industry
- Strong business orientation and acumen, with an ability to advise senior management
- Must be able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally and the ability to foster and maintain relationships through all levels of the organization
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Spanish and English. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage
Primary Work LocationESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick