Senior Strategic Marketing Manager - Nordics
Job Description Summary
Senior Strategic Marketing Manager – Nordics
Exciting opportunity for a great Strategic Marketing professional with a passion for improving healthcare.
BD is a global and leading medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its purpose: Advancing the world of health.
To lead BD’s key initiative to drive growth in the Nordics, we are looking for an exceptional strategic marketing professional to join our Nordic Leadership Team in this newly-created role.
As Senior Strategic Marketing Manager you will own and drive the key opportunity and growth driver in Europe: Patient Safety. Patient Safety includes healthcare acquired infections, medication errors, sepsis management and AMR and will probably expand into other, for our customers, important areas. BD can provide very interesting solutions in these areas which can save lives while saving costs.
In this role you will develop and lead cross-business strategies in BD Nordics and spread marketing excellence across the organization.
You will provide our Strategic Account Managers working with C-suite members in key hospitals/regions in the Nordics with great materials to sell our BDx (cross-business) solutions.
You will drive public policy/market access activities and will engage with KOLs and public policy stakeholders in the Patient Safety area.
Finally, you will also drive the Healthcare Worker Safety initiative, which stays important for our growth in the Nordics.
Strategy & ASR:
Contribute to the ASR (Annual Strategic Review) process in collaboration with the business units (BUs) to help prioritize initiatives according to local needs aligned with the global strategy.
Ensure linkage between annual marketing plans and cohesive marketing strategies to the business strategies and overall ASR.
Coordinate the strategic plan of the ASR.
Market Sensing & Growth Opportunities:
Monitor and translates the local healthcare markets and assess emerging industry trends; articulate the impact of emerging trends upon BDs business in the countries.
Network internally and externally to develop a forensic understanding of customer needs, competitor landscape and propose plans to exploit opportunities or manage threats to BD business growth.
In collaboration with the BUs, define, develop and implement value propositions and campaigns to strengthen the BD brand in the Nordics.
Ensure BD engages effectively at all appropriate external events for BD key stakeholders to reinforce the BD value proposition in the Nordics.
Patient Safety initiative:
Lead the initiative for the Nordics in cooperation with the EU level.
Ensure the roll out of tools and materials according to the county needs.
Engage the BUs.
Actively contribute to various European programs developed by BD: sharing information, best practices, ad hoc participation in working sessions and European forums. This includes the important Healthcare Worker Safety initiative.
- Country General Manager
- BD Nordics Leadership Team
- Strategic Account Managers
- Country Business Leaders
- EU Marketing Director
- EU Public Policy Director
- Experience in Business Management, Sales, Marketing or other relevant functional leadership position, conducive to overall regional leadership.
- Health economics and market access knowledge
- Public Policy experience/external affairs, preferably from the healthcare industry
- Marketing Competencies:
- Strategic innovation
- Product & portfolio management
- Market shaping & development
- Marketing planning & execution
- Marketing communications
- Customer insights & analytics
- Commercialisation excellence
- Business & financial acumen
- Brand strategy
- Digital marketing including web
- Soft skills and personality:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work and build trusting relationships within a matrix environment and with external stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills at all levels
- Strategic Vision and Agility
- Drives for results/Growth mindset
- Personally effective and energetic; willingness to personally own projects
- Has a winning attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum. Master’s Degree preferred, except in situations that have demonstrated the required strategic marketing experience.
- Fluency in English and at least one Nordic language is a must.
- Travel requirement: approximately 30-50% of the time
Interested? We look forward to talking to you. Please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationSWE Stockholm - Marieviksgatan
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick