System Support Engineer (m/w/i) - Flow Cytometry
Job Description SummaryThe System Support Engineer (m/w/i) is a member of the BD Global Technical Support center of excellence, a dynamic and innovative department that endeavors to provide high-level technical advice, consultation, and remote troubleshooting for internal and external customers. This position serves as a front-line intake mechanism for technical inquiries and is dedicated to providing customer support service on the operation and repair of flow cytometry and its sample preparation instrumentation produced and sold by BD Life Sciences.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in English.
We are offering the possibility to work remotely, in line with local regulations, within commuting distance of one our European offices.
- Answer inquiries for technical assistance by telephone, chat and email and identify customer problems, and remotely resolve instrument issues of basic to moderate complexity with limited assistance.
- Document customer interactions in a complete and accurate manner through the service management system.
- Closely follow up on ongoing service interactions with customers.
- Raise complex issues to System Support Specialist Level II.
- Interface and work closely with advanced support specialists and other departments as the need arises (Dispatch teams, Application Support, Field Service and Sales)
- Place part orders as required.
- Use additional tools to resolve issues such as merged reality and remote system access.
- Promote and ensure a culture of privacy and security related to PHI according to HIPAA and GDPR stipulations.
- Lead a high degree of customer satisfaction by instilling confidence in BD products and services.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through behavior, and all verbal & written communications.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- You have a proficient knowledge of English, both spoken and written, and a business level of minimally one of the following languages : French, Swedish, German, Dutch or Danish.
- Fluent knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- You have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing, typing skills, and the ability to handle complex technical conversations via telephone, chat and email
- You have a basic working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices and knowledge and practical experience of basic test equipment
- Affinity with PC assembly, upgrades and repairs
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office package; general applications)
- Experience with medical devices and equipment; LIS; and database management knowledge is plus
- You have a solid understanding and experience of networking set up and troubleshooting
- You have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization skills and a passion for providing outstanding service
- Strong customer and solution-oriented focus
Education and experience
- You have a basic level of experience in the usage and/or troubleshooting and repair of relevant equipment (medical devices; electronic systems)
- You have a degree in biotechnology, medical technology, electrical or biomedical engineering, computer science or training as a medical technician or comparable qualification, ideally with at least 2 years of professional experience in the use and/ or troubleshooting and repair of relevant devices (medical devices; electronic systems). Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
Teamwork in a highly motivated global environment. A familiar work climate in an innovative environment where your input counts. A safe workplace with long term perspectives. We seek a long term collaboration – hence corporate career planning throughout diverse phases of life conveys a high importance and value for us.
Primary Work LocationFRA Rungis Cedex - Bâtiment Londres
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, DEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse, SWE Stockholm - Marieviksgatan
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick