Job Description Summary=== BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER! ===
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Facilities Engineer is required to run site services functions to ensure continuity of facilities services to all areas of the Swindon manufacturing plant. This will include electrical and mechanical repairs as well as planned preventative maintenance (PPM).
Main responsibilities will include:
- Respond to electro-mechanical breakdowns.
- Host and assist Contractors on site.
- To be flexible in working hours to include paid overtime and a call out rota.
- To follow BD good documentation practice.
- Conduct day to day maintenance/inspection of all site plant.
- Complete maintenance tasks and ordering of spare parts via SAP
- Ensure site security standards and system are maintained.
- Member of the emergency response team.
- Ability to work in cleanroom environment
- Maintain business continuity plans such as emergency response, fire alarm and firefighting systems.
- Reviewing and approving Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Use Vertical lift platforms to enable high level work.
- Use Site forklift and pedestrian truck.
The successful candidate will undergo skills training to enable you to work at height, in a cleanroom and other certifications such as cGMP. You will be innovative and have a problem solving aptitude. You will be an excellent communicator and a team player and open to learning new skills.
You will have a qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering such as C&G, HND or a time served apprenticeship. You will be IT literate and able to navigate systems easily. You will be organised and self-motivated with a safety awareness of electrical, compressed air and pressurised systems.
Additional training will be supplied in regards to:
- Man Safe System (Roof access)
- Vertical Lift Platform
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationGBR Swindon - Dorcan
Work ShiftGB-SWI Day Staff 08-16 OT employees (United Kingdom)
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick