Job Description SummaryBD is recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer who will work as part of the operational engineering team to develop product assembly methods and processes for manual, semi & fully automated equipment and manage specification, build, validation and implementation. You will also provide fault identification, correction and process improvement on existing equipment.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities;
- Selection and management of suppliers
- Specification of equipment and service requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness)
- Management of activities in accordance to schedule and budget.
- Fully document trials/validations and work in accordance with internal procedures, GMP and Regulatory Controls.
- Lead Six Sigma and Lean Process Improvement projects
- Programming of various PLC systems
- Compile specifications, protocols, reports and procedures.
- Supplier and customer liaison.
- Identify equipment maintenance requirements.
- Problem analysis and risk assessment
- Compile project plans and budgets
- Equipment installation, commissioning and validation and documentation/reports
- Training of technical resources
- Hands on engineering as required for installation and improvements
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to HNC and have experience of high volume automated manufacturing. You will have experience of systematic fault finding, pneumatics, hydraulics, PLCs, Process and Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma and validation. You will be IT literate, a good communicator and enjoy collaborating with other teams.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please APPLY.
interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationGBR Swindon - Dorcan
Work ShiftGB-SWI Day Staff 08-16 Non OT employees (United Kingdom)
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick