Supply Chain Project Engineer
Job Description SummaryBD is recruiting a Supply Chain Project Engineer to lead or contribute to projects that improve performance, reduce cost and drive continuous improvement in order to meet customer demands and supply chain requirements. As Supply Chain Project Engineer, you will manage all activities relating to new product introduction, customisation, assurance of supply, and capacity expansion within the Plastics Operations Group. You will actively search for and implement new and revised products, sources and processes to improve performance and reduce cost.
As Supply ChainProject Engineer, you will;
- Contribute to the functions compliance to internal Quality Management Systems, GMP, cGMP, GDP, IS0 13485, ISO 14001, REACH and EU Packaging and Packaging and Waste Directive.
- Conduct business with both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Contribute as Core Team Member or lead projects compliant to internal procedures, specification, approved budget and agreed milestones
- Identify, justify and execute projects to generate supply chain improvements to improve Customer Service levels whilst reducing lead times, cost and inventory.
- Ensure raw material, sub-assembly and finished good supply chains at external partners are predictable, deliver product to specification, are on time and at a fair price
- Collaborate with Demand, Supplier Network and Manufacturing and Supply planning teams to secure capacity on existing equipment to facilitate process development and qualification as required
- Provide support to plant operations with indirect goods and services issues to maintain stable manufacturing operations
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a subject relating to manufacturing or equivalent experience. You will be able to demonstrate your exposure to Project Management / Continuous Improvement processes within a product development, manufacturing or supply chain environment. You will have experience with Root Cause Analysis tools. You will be IT literate with previous experience with ERP, Statistical Analysis and MS Office with a focus on Excel to a good level which would include vlookups and pivot tables.
You will be an excellent communicator with a high attention to detail. You will be driven and willing to learn, collaborate and a be an interactive member of the team.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please APPLY.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationGBR Swindon - Dorcan
Additional LocationsFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, MEX Cuautitlan Izcalli
Work ShiftGB-SWI Day Staff 08-16 Non OT employees (United Kingdom)
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick