Logistics specialist Deliver - WMS
Job Description SummaryThe Logistics specialist Deliver - WMS plays a key role in the implementation of the new WMS system within the European Distribution Centers in Temse & Olen. As Logistics Specialist you will execute the necessary configuration within the WMS system and performs the testing to verify correctness. These configurations and any defects, resulting from testing, will be documented accordingly. You will perform research on the execution of the process to ensure effective & efficient operations. In this role, you will engage with other team members on different integrated applications ( ERP - TMS – Warehouse Control Systems – Labelling systems ) to ensure the overall process works conform to expectations.
If you are looking for challenges and are ready to be part of a project that will reshape the company globally then join us on Athena 2. You will gain a lot of experience on ERP on a short period of time. The project is an essential element of our BD 2025 vision and you can become a part of it by bringing your knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm. Don’t hesitate and come and join us on our exciting journey.
Scope of the role:
System Configuration, Unit Testing, Documentation - WMS :
- Understand Logistics & warehouse processes and how the systems configuration match these processes in the best possible way.
- Logistics scope will focus on Warehouse planning, Operations & shipping, both in the area’s of Inbound, Outbound & Inventory management.
- Review the logistics operational process and perform the right WMS configuration in the system to ensure most effective & efficient operations.
- Identify the necessary test scenario’s and execute the WMS system testing. The results will be documented accordingly. Analyze any defects, resulting from tests, and assist in the resolution process within the team.
- Align system configuration between Temse & Olen to maximize leverage towards standardized processes. Maintain the system documentation of the performed system configuration.
Integration & User acceptance testing support - WMS :
- Acting as a process champion, you will support the test users, which are part of integration & UAT, in their ability to identify & execute the test scripts.
- Support the master data set-up as an enabler for the execution of the tests.
- Support the root cause identification on the issues, which are noticed during these integration & UAT testing.
Training & QMS support - WMS :
- Acting as a process champion, you will support the identified trainers to get them towards the necessary knowledge level & experience to execute the trainings for the operations people.
- As process champion, you provide the support to get the site QMS ( Quality Management System ) system up-to-date.
Go-Live/Hypercare support - WMS :
- As the go live approaches, you will provide support in the preparation activities.
- After go-live, you will act as primary point of contact to support the DC’s daily operations teams in investigating any issues and assess the root causes of these problems, including research on potential solutions.
- You will be one of the key persons to provide the necessary expertise on the new WMS system within the organization.
- Maintaining system process documentation, including best practices.
- Monitor the execution with the identified KPI’s and support continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain relations with external vendors and 3rd level system support.
- Function as a resource for any WMS process & system assessments, including testing new configurations or developments.
- Professional Bachelor degree in Supply chain/Logistics with strong IT affinity or equivalent by experience.
- Several years of experience within warehouse processing environment, preferably in automated processes with integration to Warehouse Control Systems.
- Several years of experience with WMS systems & motivation to understand how the system drives the processes, impacting Quality, throughput and productivity.
- Strong affinity in systems set-up within WMS & integration to other systems. Experience with Manhattan WMS or SAP systems is a plus
Skills & motivation :
- Analytical mindset to address process challenges & issue investigations / search potential solutions Good communication skills to explain variety of WMS topics to a broad team of users Positive mindset – change agent
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Team player, as the WMS system configuration needs to be maintained within the team and improvement opportunities need collaboration across multiple team members.
- Strong interest in the optimization of warehouse processes
- Flexible to provide process & system support outside of the standard day working times, including the go-live and stabilization support period.
- Fluent in English & Dutch
What can you expect from us?
- A challenging, dynamic role in a project with a global scale.
- An informal working atmosphere, dynamic corporate culture and international context.
- Rewarding career benefits and an environment that lets you grow and develop
Interested? Apply now!
Primary Work LocationBEL Temse - Laagstraat
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, BEL Olen
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick