Junior Field Service Engineer
Job Description SummaryJunior Field Service Engineer BeNeLux (Based in center of The Netherlands)
We are looking for a Junior Field Service Engineer to deliver technical support to our customers in the clinical and medical research sectors.
As a BD Bioscience Engineer, you will be part of a regional team of collaborative Field Service Engineers, reporting directly to the area technical manager. You are expected to work to the highest standards to ensure first class service is delivered to our customer base while ensuring quality and regulatory standards are adhered to in this heavily regulated industry.
As a Junior Field Service Engineer, you will be able to learn & work independently and provide advice & solutions to customers and colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide field-based and remote technical support to customers and colleagues in line with relevant training and experience.
- You will carry out preventative maintenance, installation, relocation, repairs and corrective field change orders on Flow Cytometry instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for diagnosing electrical, fluidic, mechanical, hardware, software and laser failures using established procedures and techniques.
- You will determine the most cost-effective repair/solution to ensure minimum downtime.
- Perform instrument certifications (IQ/OQ).
- Actively manage your car stock, ensuring all necessary spare parts and tools are available.
- Effective management of technical escalations.
- Works toward service metrics as defined by the Service Organization
- In this role, you will cover the Netherlands with occasional travel throughout the Benelux area.
In this role, you should have the following skills:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant studies.
- A large dose of inquisitiveness and enthusiasm is more essential then relevant experience
- The ability to process knowledge across multi-modular and diverse product ranges
- Recognize new technologies and adapts to daily challenges
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Basic competences in IT
- Driving license
- Advanced IT knowledge: Network diagnosis/System connectivity/Remote service
- Flow Cytometry experience as an engineer or user
- Currently living within a daily commutable distance of the center of The Netherlands (Region Den Haag, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Rotterdam).
Primary Work LocationNLD Vianen - Lange Dreef
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick