Director Customer Service Operations, Medication Management Solutions Europe (M/F)
Job Description SummaryAbout BD
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
About Medication Management Solutions (MMS)
With thousands of medications making their way to patients all over the world every day, the medication management process can become extremely complex, with a high level of expertise needed to keep everything running smoothly. Using proven technologies, we help lower costs, improve patient safety and better enable clinicians to deliver the right care at the right time. We put a big focus on improving nurse productivity and increasing time for patient care. With our technical capabilities, we’re able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
About the role
As part of our Global Customer Services (GCS) department, the Director Customer Service Operations Europe manages all aspects of Service delivery for BD Medication Management Solutions (MMS) in the region. The scope includes both the direct operations by BD employees and subcontractors, as well as the operations through our distributors in Eastern Europe.
In this role, you will manage 6 Customer Service Leaders across Europe as well as 1 Manager, Service Support Operations Europe and will oversee a team of 130 employees in total.
- Provide leadership to in-country GCS associates to develop, improve and deliver on time and within budget Services to customers in the region:
- Involvement to tenders and coordination of solution implementation with Professional Service teams,
- Field maintenance through BD associates or subcontractors,
- Depot maintenance through BD facilities or subcontractors,
- Ensure customer satisfaction through effective collaboration between in-country teams and the Infusion Centralised support team,
- Collaboration with Customer experience & Operational excellence to allow system, process and metrics infrastructure.
- Develop and execute a strategy aligned with the business, with focus on Services and Customer Experience:
- Recommend new service offerings (e.g. Contracting/pricing, value propositions, consulting etc.) supporting MMS strategy,
- Lead strategic development of operational requirements, process and technology, to deliver key service outcomes for customers,
- Propose changes to increase effectiveness of our Service execution,
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives across the organization,
- Identify leverages across the organization.
- Collaborate with the GCS International Leadership to drive continuous improvements in technology, processes and services provided to customers.
- Manage GCS Expenses related to the area of responsibility. Establish and meet annual service revenues.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and territory coverage to support efficient service activities and meet service level agreements.
Primary role responsibilities
- Lead, motivate, develop the team and manage their performance.
- Monitor the activity of the team and coordinate all GCS activities in the region:
- Implementation: In collaboration with Professional Services provide support for implementation of Medication management solutions in the countries.
- Services & Support: Following implementation, build in collaboration with Professional services a plan for transition to support with Customers. Ensure timely execution per agreed Service Level Agreements of all Support activities such as Scheduled Preventive Maintenance, Repair, Hardware & Software Upgrades and Field Service Corrective Actions.
- 3rd party operations: Monitor the performance & cost of all outsourced processes.
- Distributor Success Management (DSM): Roll out the DSM program to improve Customer Experience via a more disciplined distributor management approach through close collaboration with the Regional Commercial operations and all relevant functions.
- Understand the MMS business strategy and incorporate it into the service.
- Establish strong relationship with regional country business leaders (CBL), all relevant functions and the rest of the GCS organisation to influence decisions.
- Actively collaborate with the GCS International leadership team on Service readiness, Customer experience and Process & methodology.
- Proactively propose different service models to support MMS vision to become a solution provider. Support the launch and adoption of new technologies and portfolio innovations including software.
- Provide visibility on GCS activities.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to the team by demonstrating BD Values.
- Adhere to organization and department policies, quality procedures and protocols.
- Actively engage with Quality Management System requirements.
- Ensure all relevant processes are performed per internal SOP’s and Service documentation.
You have extensive experience in leading a service organization across Europe in a similar organization (size, matrix environment, high-level of complexity). You also have an established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a quality led and regulated environment. Your strong strategic thinking enables you to bring new Service solutions and a fresh look at the existing organization.
Highly energetic, enthusiast and collaborative, you are known for establishing strong relationships & building support network with the Regions, Businesses and Functions. You are skilled at engaging with people at all levels and influencing decisions in a matrix environment. An engaged leader, you bring teams together around the same purpose in a constantly changing environment.
Other key attributes include:
- Ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong customer focus willing to understand the Service operations at country level and looking at operations from a holistic perspective.
- Ability to deal with customer escalations and challenging negotiations.
- Flexible attitude and ability to handle changing priorities.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Another European language would be a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Experience of Medical Devices would be a plus, but we are open to candidates coming from other industries who offer technical products with services such as home appliances, etc.
This role can be based anywhere in Europe (except Switzerland), preferably in Germany, Austria, France, Belgium or United Kingdom.
If this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationAUT Vienna - Handelskai
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, DEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse, FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick