Senior Director - Global Operational Excellence
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
This is an opportunity to participate in the renewal of an organization that is looking to move toward a proactive and standardized Continuous Improvement system and mentality.
Reporting to Vice President Operational Excellence, this role is responsible for developing initiatives and innovative solutions to optimize performance and develop capabilities across the BD global manufacturing footprint (80+ plants), using digital and automation solutions as part of the smart factory framework. You are responsible for the strategic direction for the Technology Applications and associated work systems required to improve process reliability, lower costs, and drive standard methodology adoption.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Inspiring change across the operational organization. Developing and building capabilities and talents to deliver innovative solutions using the latest digital and industry practices to optimize performance and sustain year-on-year productivity and operational excellence.
- As an active member of the smart factory council, propose improvements to business processes by challenging existing practices. Support BD transformation to become a more drive-by-demand and agile integrated supply chain.
- Working on initiatives across Integrated Supply Chain, engaging key partners from operations and key support functions. Understanding objectives and align on priorities, deliver expected goals through critical OPEX projects and programs.
- Implementing training programs to support the BD Production System and developing sophisticated problem-solvers and process optimization practitioners at business level and manufacturing locations. Building vital capability to support a sustainable focus on asset utilization and implementation of digital solutions.
- Leading effort to develop future talent within operations globally. Driving initiatives such as the manufacturing development program, plant manager development program and manufacturing excellence awards
- Driving a technology intelligence model to continuously benchmark, develop and deploy new digitally-enabled CI methodologies and technologies across the whole manufacturing network. Driving demonstrated efficiency improvement, reduced cost of manufacturing and improved asset utilization.
We are looking for a strong OPEX leader with a proven track record in designing and implementing cross-company programs within large matrix networks with a keen eye for business . A practitioner in lean manufacturing techniques, you also bring experience in digital technology road mapping and strategy development. We are very open to candidates coming from outside of medtech/healthcare.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Facilitation & Organizational change leadership skills.
- Certified six-sigma black belt would be a strong plus (Master Black Belt preferred) or Lean leader with Manufacturing /supply chain/continuous improvement experience.
- Confirmed experience preferably in both direct and indirect leadership roles
- Project Management expertise
We are open to applications from candidates based in the following countries/regions:
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationITA Milano - Via Enrico Cialdini
Additional LocationsAUT Vienna - Handelskai, BEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, BEL Temse - Laagstraat, IRL Drogheda - Donore Rd, IRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road, IRL Limerick - Castletroy, IRL Wexford - Enniscorthy, NLD Drachten - Marconilaan, POL Warsaw - ul. Osmanska, POL Wroclaw - Legnicka, PRT Porto - Rua Eng Ferreira Dias, SWE Helsingborg – Florettgatan, SWE Helsingborg - Rönnowsgatan, SWE Stockholm - Marieviksgatan
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick