Job Description Summary
Bring your robust management and organizational skills to deliver growth for BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
As VM Plant Manager reporting to our Senior Operations Director, European IV Set Operation you will serve as the site leader in manufacturing facility and you will provide leadership to all manufacturing related activities to achieve its business and financial goals and you will be directly responsible for operations, facility management, capacity analysis, and EH&S. Additionally, the Plant Manager will proactively and collaboratively work closely with Quality Assurance, Engineering, R&D, New Product development, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources. The Plant Manager will lead the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the organization. You will be responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function
Major responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership to Managers (M2); may also manage first-line supervisors (M1) and / or professional staff
- Develops financial and operational objectives
- Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
- Develops and leads foundational programs for capacity expansions, technology transfers to support the business strategy
- Contributes to functional strategy development
- Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
- Applies expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives
- Verifies that employees of own area comply with EMS procedures and report any NC to EH&S Advisor
- Take part to the EMS Management review and cooperate to achieve environmental objectives and targets
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering or Technical discipline, MBA preferred (no external certification required)
- Project and Program management experience
- GMP manufacturing and medical device product requirements
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- 7-10 years of experience required in medical device manufacturing or similar industry
- Knowledge of injection molding, automated assembly, extrusion and packaging technologies
- Previous supervisory experience and budgeting, finance responsibility
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
So if you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationITA Villamarzana - Via G. Matteotti
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick