Supv. Molding (Capoturno Stampaggio)
Job Description Summary
Supv, Manufacturing is responsible for production performances of its area/shift including process improvement activities, production orders management, product quality conformity, employee safety and engagement, environmental commitment.
Production Operation operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Duties / Accountabilities:
- Quality Systems responsibilities include initial quality inspections, facilitation of disposition of Material Review Report.
- Be the first responder when an issue is identified, lead the root cause and corrective actions for equipment and quality issues and escalate as required.
- Supervises human resources within own shift according to business needs ( code of conduct, quality standards, safety procedures)
- Training Systems responsibilities include monitoring of employee training and records, inspection techniques and instruction on task documents.
- Tracking Systems responsibilities include reviewing, closing and releasing work orders.
- Perform random audits throughout the shift verifying that quality checks and processes are being performed properly.
- Provide feedback to associates as necessary.
- Ensure compliance to all audit requirements and schedules.
- Take responsibility for tracking and allocating resources to close KAS.
- Makes or assists with changes to or the creation of Standard Work Instructions.
- Proactively work to anticipate problems before they impact production.
- Report attendance, scheduling, and direct resources.
- Work overtime as needed by the department.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, etc.
- Learn and mentor team members to learn CI principles and ensure than team work according CI method
- Continuously improve through the KAS program, meeting department goals for completed KAS.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Works in accordance with ISO standard 13485 applying internal quality procedures
- Work deep in touch with Quality control Department
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills, basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Two to four years of manufacturing experience (prefer automated medical device manufacturing)
- Continuous improvement experience preferred
Primary Work LocationITA Villamarzana - Via G. Matteotti
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick