Job Description SummaryBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
We are looking for Financial Accountant who will provide accurate US GAAP and local GAAP statutory reporting for assigned legal entities, will lead income statements and balance sheets for assigned legal entities and will support the Finance Manager and other members of the Entity Finance COE and partner with our Finance Operations COE Belgium, WSSC Poland and BP&A teams
Over the time the role will develop into having more of tax focus on Poland and other CEE countries
Main Responsibilities of Financial Accountant:
- Responsible for the US GAAP reporting and statutory compliance matters of all assigned entities, ensure that the monthly US GAAP reporting to corporate is on-time and free from material misstatements.
- Establish a strong partnership with the FinOps COE Belgium & WSSC Poland, European Consolidation team, BP&A teams
- Support Finance Manager with tax related matters (VAT, CIT, Transfer Pricing).
- Strive towards a simplified month end process across all entities which provides the adequate level of detail for the Finance Manager/business partner to sign off the monthly financial results
- Work together with the Finance Manager, Local Finance team and BP&A team to design a simplified review process and reports which will enable the Country Controller to gain comfort and enable sign off on the month end performance
- Work on standardization of timelines/efficiency and challenge the status quo and constantly drive for efficiencies and improvements
- Lead all external relationships (auditors and tax) for assigned legal entities
- Responsible for all compliance related matters
- Take the lead on various projects within the Entity Finance COE and working with other members of the COE to deliver on objectives
- Have a mindset of COE and work collaboratively with other finance managers in EMEA and share best practices and drive standardization and implementation
- To provide full support to the Country Controller to enable Country Controller to sign off on US GAAP and local GAAP statutory and all compliance related matters.; full support for dealing with all key external stakeholders (auditors, tax advisors, pension advisors etc.)
We expect from you:
- A recognized accounting or tax qualification and deep understanding of US GAAP and local GAAP Compliance Requirements
- Audit or tax advisory experience would be advantageous
- Experience or interest of working on tax topics
- Proven ability to work across a Matrix Organization and in work with Shared Service Centers
- Experience in Entity Closures and Entity Openings across multiple jurisdictions advantageous.
- Experience in ERP implementations would be a plus
- Shown ability to run projects, as well as proven experience working with external auditors, tax advisors and legal advisors
- Fluent in Polish and English
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong networks, using the networks to acquire relevant information and to navigate the internal organizational matrix Team player and ability to build a collaborative culture within own team, motivating others to deliver effectively
- Good analytical thinking skills with proven ability to problem solve and deliver process effectiveness, to drive optimized execution and performance
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day. You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
BD values equity in the workplace without discrimination for any disability, class, ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationPOL Warsaw - ul. Osmanska
Additional LocationsPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick