Diabetes Care, Account Manager North West and Wales
Job Description SummaryBE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join us on a permanent basis to drive top line sales growth and share gain across Primary Care Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) using a Key Account Management Strategy focusing on our Diabetes Care product range.
As Account Manager you will develop senior level strategic relationships in your key accounts, orchestrating the deployment of BD resources to help customers achieve their purpose through products, services and solutions as well as identify future opportunities for the wider BD Diabetes Care portfolio of products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Build positive relationships with senior level partners, decision makers, influencers and prescribers in all relevant NHS organisations, including: CCGs, Primary Care Networks, Federations, Medicines Management, Hospital Trusts etc
- Position DC’s strategic value proposition with senior level decision makers and influencers
- Develop and maintain a high level of regional /national knowledge regarding healthcare trends in the market and NHS system
- Create a Key Account Business Plan in order to drive our key customer strategies
- Deliver account plan objectives and identify short and long term growth opportunities in both the safety and conventional pen needle market
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with the internal team in an effort to address customer and market requirements through strategic business planning and sales execution
- Maintain a continuous loop of knowledge sharing between customer and company to enable delivery of tightly focused, directly aligned solutions
- Be the customer subject matter specialist - bringing other functions and businesses in when needed
- Plan conversion management and provide training resource for safety conversion in key accounts, as required
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
The successful candidate shall have previous experience in a field sales role, ideally within medical devices or pharma, however candidates with field sales experience from other sectors will be considered as long as they have a degree in a life science area and ability to understand clinical papers.
With your strong influencing experience at strategic level you are able to take the responsibility to develop this guidance and to implement to yield prescribing uplift.
A results-oriented mind-set is a must together with the ability to analyse data to inform their approach and sell strategically.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick