Digital Transformation Solution Manager UK/I
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Medication Management Solutions (MMS) at BD
MMS at BD combine proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, improve clinician productivity, increase the predictability of medication and supply availability, and improve organizational financial performance. At almost every point in the med use or supply chain management process, safety, efficiency, and costs can be favourably impacted with BDs Pyxis ES, Rowa, Cato, and Infusion solutions.
About the role
As Digital Transformation Solutions Manager you will help us deliver the best outcomes to our customers and increase the safety and efficacy of medication management solutions. The interoperability and digital transformation are one of the top priorities of BD MMS in UK and Ireland, hence we open this role to drive the interoperability and integration of BD MMS with hospital information technologies and to support our strategy to deliver connected medication management solutions.
This strategic role will be leading IT pre-sales activities and strategic relationship with external IT vendors. The person should be able to manage multitasks for multi solutions with the ability to build agile project management to keep high visibility and optimise the utilisation of internal and external resources.
This is a remote based role with travel in the field 30-50% of the time.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop the vision for our customer’s digital transformation.
- Drive the interoperability and integration of BD MMS solutions in the UK and Ireland.
- Lead and support digital transformation project to clouds of BD MMS in UK & Ireland.
- Provide professional, process-focused pre-Sales support; educating and helping current and future healthcare providers to understand the impact and value of closed-loop medication management.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to produce testimonials and process-transformation studies to further explain and promote the adoption of medical technologies.
- Ensure all installed BD’s medication management solutions are up to dates with a clear roadmap to meet individual customer infrastructure requirement.
- Ability to lead interface validation and documentation to support BD MMS in UK & Ireland.
- Healthcare IT subject matter expert – demonstrate and work a live presentation of our Integration and interoperability capability.
- Align with the Platform Marketing, R&D and Product Development to inform and support strategies to ensure current and future roadmaps.
- Actively contribute and constantly seek to further develop the clinical process and technology knowledge base of the Solution Management Team through experience sharing, participation in certified educational programs, research opportunities, and clinical seminars as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in IT, Integration Engineer, or related fields. You will demonstrate leadership by being customer-focused, displaying critical thinking, having a growth attitude, focusing on results, skill growth, and continuous improvement. You will have an in-depth knowledge of IT integration and Healthcare IT infrastructure used in evaluating medications management technology and have effective consultative professional skills and practices as measured by positive external and internal feedback. Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills are a must! Good communication and influencing skills are essential.
- Knowledge in HL7 and integration
- Solid Understanding of Networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Solid Understanding of Cybersecurity
- Hospital connectivity knowledge HL7 & XML
- Experience in Interoperability in Healthcare.
- Deep knowledge of IaaS and other Clouds services.
- Project management certification PMP or PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of NHS IT requirements and related regulatory and compliance.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick