Product Manager UK - Biosurgery and Infection Prevention
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We lead in patient and healthcare worker safety, and technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. Our innovative solutions help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the management of diabetes.
Product and marketing managers, whether at a country or regional level, are instrumental in driving marketing excellence to ensure marketing becomes a core competency and source of competitive advantage for BD in Europe. These positions are critical to making fact-based and choiceful strategic business decisions, driving rigorous and disciplined processes and marketing strategies to unlock opportunities in a consistent manner to drive sustainable profitable growth.
Overall purpose of the role
The Product Manager is responsible for managing the portfolio of Biosurgery & infection prevention (BIP) products to maximize growth and profitability on the assigned market, according to regional marketing targets and guidelines. Partners closely with the sales organization to understand customer needs and position BD´s portfolio and capabilities in a credible and differentiated way. Develops implements and maintains "best practices" in product management, while manages extensive interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the BIP European Marketing Manager, the Product Manager will be working and collaborating with a European marketing platform team consisting of regional marketing managers and clinical education managers.
Job Objectives & Primary role responsibilities
- Develops and executes a fact-based country marketing plan for relevant product portfolio including market shaping and development and marketing communications strategies and activities, in line with the regional marketing strategy
- Develop and maintain expert market knowledge in terms of quantitative data (e.g. market data, market trends, competitor pricing) and qualitative data (e.g. customer needs, competitor activities, plans, technologies and applications); recommending suitable actions to maximize opportunities and minimize potential threats to the business
- Develops segment based messaging for assigned portfolio and activates it with the Field Sales team
- Develop promotional material / marketing collateral and tools which will deliver key messages, positioning and reflect brand essence
- Support the Field Sales team with product information and drive product portfolio training initiatives as appropriate
- Interface with European Marketing Team to share information and update with market data, product developments and market specific strategic and tactical plans
- Prepares and maintains product specifications and technical documentation for internal and external use
- Handles product related customer requests and complaints
Desired Competencies & skills
- High degree of autonomy: ability to take ownership of tasks and get things done
- Min. 6-8+ years-experience in a commercial/marketing role (Sales experience required)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a matrix organisation, ideally working in a multi-cultural environment
- Dynamic, innovative, engaging and inclusive personality
- Business and financial acumen
- 50% travel (country or region related)
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick