Senior Manager - Operations PMO / Manufacturing Integration - MMS Infusion
Job Description Summary
Senior Manager - Operations PMO / Manufacturing Integration - MMS Infusion
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘advancing the world of health’.
With direction from the Operations Platform Director the incumbent is responsible for developing and executing the Operational Strategy for the Infusion team by:
- Leading and supporting the project team in achieving their strategic and financial objectives.
- Supporting product transfer and new product development activities by providing leadership, analysis, technical support and recommending effective solutions to operational issues to improve cost, revenue and asset utilization.
- Developing, maintaining and coordinating the tracking of major operational /Project deliverables, i.e. balanced score card and makes improvements as needed to remain aligned to business needs and priorities.
- Providing the support necessary to maintain key business operational imperatives. In carrying out these responsibilities, the Manufacturing Integrator coordinates activities by interfacing with the leadership in BD manufacturing facilities, the leader of assigned Business Unit(s), Senior Management in the Manufacturing Operations organization, various functional leaders within BD (Finance, R&D, for example) and external suppliers / vendors.
- Project/Program lead, responsible for development and implementation of the overall Operations Project strategy developed with Ops Director.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing plans to meet the objectives and strategies of the Infusion business strategy; and formulates manufacturing plans to meet these objectives. Provides cost and capital estimates, make vs buy analysis, evaluations of alternatives and makes recommendations to achieve results
- Manage the Project Team and the Supply Chain organization in assessing capacity needs, developing capacity and sourcing plans, and in developing worldwide manufacturing strategies. Proactively communicates across these organizations while taking a leadership role in executing the strategy.
- Collaborates with Plant managers, Process Development, R&D, and others to develop manufacturing project and ramp-up plans for new products.
- Makes recommendations and manages the transfer of infusion manufacturing processes, equipment and technology across the global BDX and external supply partner manufacturing network.
- Develops and initiates CB-2 capital requirements for manufacture of new products. Works with plants, R&D, finance and Platform leaders in the development and approval of CB-2’s recommending capital expenditures and their financial justification. Provides analysis and narrative outlining project objectives, scope, and timing. Provides capital planning information and monitors capital spending to ensure compliance to targets and forecast.
- Provides analysis and technical support in the assessment and assignment of a product or product line to manufacturing plants. Makes location recommendations based on manufacturing cost, technology fit, facilities requirements and availability, assess capabilities and equipment /process requirements.
- Maintains awareness of state-of-the-art technology applicable to assigned programs by participation in professional societies, attendance at technological meetings and seminars and development of professional contacts.
- Incumbent executes responsibilities with a large degree of autonomy requiring minimal day-to-day oversight by immediate supervisor.
- Incumbent must engage and gain the support of associates in various positions of responsibility and in various functions within BD worldwide. This includes associates in these functions who occupy positions of authority that is equal to, greater than or less than the incumbent. Incumbent must clearly communicate project plans and resource requirements to gain the support of these individuals.
- Incumbent deals with a wide variety of processes including assembly and inspection methods, packaging and sterilization of which any combination must meet the integrated requirements of medical use, chemical / biological compatibility, manufacturability, and acceptable cost.
- Incumbent represents BD when interfacing with external vendors / suppliers as processes are developed and capital equipment is purchased.
- Must have capability to develop product cost estimates and key manufacturability assumptions based on prior knowledge and experience with limited background information to support business case assumptions
- All activities are conducted in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
Knowledge and experience:
- Requires minimum B.S. Mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline plus 8-10 years experience in project management and the design / implementation of manufacturing equipment / processes. Experience in the area of Medical sterile disposable devices is preferable. Experience in working with equipment suppliers and all levels of manufacturing plant personnel.
- Incumbent must understand the overall business strategy of assigned business and be able to structure and implement an Operations strategy to support the successful transfer/product launch with potential annual sales in the range of $40 - $60 million.
- Strategic grasp of manufacturing best practices, state of the art manufacturing technology and deployment of such.
- Ability to work and influence decision-makers across multiple sites/regions/levels of manufacturing sophistication.
- Knowledge of the interrelationship of Manufacturing Operations and Finance, Quality, Regulatory and Supply Chain in an FDA/ISO regulated environment. Experience in interfacing with these functions to achieve objectives.
- Experience in preparing equipment specifications, capital appropriations and process validation documentation.
- The role is based in the UK and 25%+ travel will be required
- May include the direct supervision of up to 2-3 direct reports.
- Directs engineering activity including direct reports and plant engineering personnel.
- Collaborative and collegial interaction with professionals from other departments, businesses and suppliers through leading / participating on project teams.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing an effective manufacturing plant strategy aligned to the overall product transfer strategy with Ops director
- Responsible for completion of assigned projects within technical scope, budget and on schedule.
- Along with new product development teams, is responsible for the timely release-to-market of the developed new products or product transfers.
- High degree of personal accountability
To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. We are continuing to monitor the situation and follow local governmental guidance to advise when is the right time and safe for our associates to return to their BD work location.
It’s a superb, all-round manufacturing operations PMO career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick