Server Engineer (Remote)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
Medication safety & automation represents a strategic growth area for BD. The Systems & Integration Engineer will be responsible for the successful deployment and integration of BD solutions into hospital environment.
The incumbent works closely with the Pharmacy and IT departments within hospital environments and is required to assess the IT infrastructure including recommendations to allow hospital IT readiness.
We offer excellent support/training, remote/flexible working and competitive benefits.
Work location: Remote (UK)
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and support system interfaces to/from BD.
- Conduct discussions of BD solutions’ technical requirements with the customers.
- Support sales in solution discussions to define technical scope.
- Run installation and support of interface software (deploy VM, install MSI’s and/or turnkey solutions) for interfacing products to meet established project delivery timelines.
- Collaborate with project managers, resolve priorities and risks associated to specific projects.
- Comply with all Server and Integration Engineer Policies and Procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Maintain interface stability and updates for all assigned accounts.
- Provide Customer/Distributor Helpdesk and remote support for interfaces.
- Support interfaces during system upgrades
- Provide product feedback, technical insight, and customer requirements to Product Development.
- Actively engage with Quality Management System requirements.
- Degree in Computer Science IT or validated working successful experience in IT (confirmed IT skills in the use of Windows, Database, Server based solutions, VMs, Networking Administration or a mixture of these).
- Willingness to travel within Europe and overseas.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Strong grasp of technology and its impact on software deployment
- Analytical with good problem solving skills.
- Evidence of effective planning, prioritization, and organizing skills.
- Pro-active and results orientated.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Any other language in a plus (Italian, German, Spanish, French)
- Valid drivers’ license and passport.
- Experience within healthcare IT environment (HL7 experience would be a plus).
- Estimated overnight travel: 25%
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick