Strategic Account Manager BDX UK&I
Job Description SummaryWe are recruiting a Strategic Account Manager (U.K. & I.) who will be responsible for identifying, managing and developing prioritised BD Client accounts in order to position BD as strategic partner at various stakeholder levels for joint value creation and to support achieving the BD sales and GP targets.
In this newly crafted role, you will be accountable for the design and effective execution of a multi-year strategic growth and tactical execution plan for your accounts and for leading the cross-Business Unit account teams to maximise revenue and GP growth, drive solution implementation and establish strong customer relationships. You will work closely with the Sales Management Team & Marketing Management Team to gain support and ensure the implementation and execution of the plan.
As Strategic Account Manager, you will;
- Serve as the key intermediary to hospital management
- Initiate hospital discovery program via a customer needs analysis, identify solutions with senior management internally and externally and present solutions with Board-level decision makers
- Coordinate the activities of the account team and collaborate closely with the various BD Business Units to understand priorities, risks and opportunities
- Obtain buy-in, active communication and engagement with local Business Unit teams to ensure the co-creation of value and effective delivery of solutions and the plan in strategic accounts
- Establish strong personal relationships to all relevant sponsors of the assigned accounts and key healthcare influencers on site and via the participation of relevant congresses and other customer conventions as well as gather and share market knowledge
- Manage financials, commercial supply, contractual status and SRM dashboard
- Track the account KPIs in close cooperation with the BD business analyst, lead key stakeholders in General Purchasing Organisations, associations and conduct regular account performance reviews with the key BD Leaders
- Build opportunities for BD to collaborate with target accounts to deeply understand their needs and then develop tailored solutions
- Negotiate appropriate strategic deals which meet customer and BD expectations
- Lead all aspects of implementation of solutions and remain the focal point of contact for the decision making sponsor in the account
- Be a strong ambassador for BD and our values externally and internally
- Agree forecasted revenue with BD Business Unit leaders per strategic account and roll-up to create BD revenue and return on investment goals for target strategic accounts in accordance with the growth plans
- Understand the key figures, the strategy, partnerships and Mergers & Acquisitions, industry context as well as relevant market trends and account ecosystem dynamics
- Ensure all plans, activities and investments are collected in SalesForce
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent. This role requires significant experience in strategic sales or business development within the healthcare segment, including validated experience with board level negotiations, excellent business development skills and confirmed leadership skills to drive solutions. You will have a strong understanding of the NHS and acute care system, its reimbursement and influencing dynamics as well as understanding of the hospital landscape. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, clear and detailed communication skills and the strength to propose and apply actions. Furthermore, you are a creative problem solver, have the ability to work autonomously within a matrix organisation and are capable of generating, prioritising and completing work independently.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick