Job Description Summary
As a Procurement Analyst, you will be utilizing advanced purchase price cost analysis (PPCA) methodologies to determine should cost of the materials and services purchased by BD. This analysis is performed using internal and external data, including analyzing material composition, manufacturing processes and labor requirements, to identify savings opportunities. This work requires close cooperation with Value Engineers, Category Managers and manufacturing experts globally.
Additionally you will be:
1. Doing active and effective interaction with and influencing category teams during category strategy development, option generation, supplier negotiation planning, as well as senior business stakeholders
2. Doing visualization of the complex data and interpreting mathematical models such as graphs, tables, metrics and schematics and drawing insights from them
3. Supporting implementation of Design to Value methodologies, techniques and Advanced Procurement Analytics capabilities
To be a successful candidate you will have an engineering degree in production management, mechanical, electrical, or biomedical engineering or related fields and minimum of one to three years of business experience in a production environment, direct procurement, research or a related field.
Furthermore, the following skills and experiences are required:
- Knowledge of manufacturing or lab processes (mechanical products, electronic components, mechanisms, assemblies)
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- IT systems knowledge including the advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP basic knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively for a wide range of internal customers under tight deadlines
- Ability to present data, business cases and proposals logically
- Experience and Proficient in Data Mining, Manipulation, and Data Insights Analysis
- Time management and project prioritization skills
Additional working knowledge and experience preferred in the below areas:
- Engineering Knowledge: Injection Molding, Metal Bending/Machining, Laser Cutting, Electromechanical (PCBAs), 3D Printing, and others
- Value Analysis/Value Engineering, Manufacturing Process Optimization, Process Engineering, DFM, DFA
- CAD Design, SolidWorks, Cost Modeling Tools
- Power BI, Qliksense, Alterx, and other Data Visualization/Analytical tools
- LEAN, Six Sigma, Project Management, and Stakeholder Management
You can look forward to working in an international company, first-in-class in its business area, great benefit package (e.g. health insurance, medical care, lunch vouchers, sport /entertainment bonus), friendly work environment and healthy oriented culture (healthy food, sport activities, participation in pro-health actions and events, charity initiatives). You might expect to work in new, modern offices in the city center developed to work and live healthy lives and competitive compensation and motivation system as it is a great opportunity for professional growth - challenging and rewarding work with a dynamic, international team.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here:
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick