IT Privacy Compliance Lead
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most exciting global health issues.
Our vision for Information Technology at BD
In our BD IT team, we deliver effective and innovative technologies that help us to keep our entire business running day to day. Our aim is to provide the tools, systems, insights and protection for BD associates to efficiently do their work.
About the role
This individual will sit within the Functional Excellence group within Technology and Global Services (TGS). Working with the Director, TGS Risk & Compliance, the TGS Privacy Compliance Lead will be responsible for promoting privacy by design principles and working to foster privacy compliance across the TGS organization according to relevant regulations and internal policies. The TGS Privacy Compliance Lead will work with BD’s privacy office to ensure that the privacy controls implemented for the IT organization’s systems and processes meet privacy office expectations.
This exciting position requires multi-functional knowledge of business processes, technical control, and understanding of privacy and security compliance requirements. The ideal candidate brings detailed knowledge of various privacy regulations (i.e. GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and experience with implementing privacy compliance within organizations similar in size and complexity to BD.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Function as the TGS organization’s Privacy Compliance SME and key point of contact for privacy related concerns within the technology organization
- Develop deep knowledge of global privacy obligations, processes, standard methodologies, and solutions utilized by BD. Utilize this knowledge to drive requirements and process improvements within TGS’ privacy compliance landscape
- Advise BD’s Data Privacy office and Legal office to ensure that sound protocols are in place within TGS to manage privacy obligations and to identify new regulations that are applicable to BD any must be considered for the TGS organization
- Participate within BD’s TGS Regulatory Impact Assessment meetings and act as the privacy SME to determine if new projects or changes to existing systems are in-scope for privacy compliance
- Assist project teams within TGS with performing data privacy impact assessments including Record of IT Applications (RITA) and Record of Processing Activities (ROPA), including providing guidance on how to answer privacy related questions within the OneTrust system (BD’s privacy governance application)
- Review ROPA and RITA assessments and identify issues within IT process and systems and assist the IT organization with defining remediation plans that will address privacy compliance gaps
- Develop and maintain scalable mechanisms and processes to intake, prioritize, and triage data subject requests or other requests that flow through the privacy office and require TGS action
- Coordinate privacy related requests within the TGS organization
- Execute and assist in creating complex multi-functional project plans to meet emerging global privacy obligations
- Provide feedback to drive improvement on existing mechanisms
- Assist in maintaining other documentation such as privacy-focused policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions as necessary within TGS
- A bachelor’s degree in a subject related to one of the following functions: Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Information Security, Business Management, or a related field.
- Proven ability in a privacy, legal, compliance or risk management role
- Detailed knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) along with practical experience in encouraging a GDPR compliant IT environment through control implementation
- Solid understanding or the ability to learn other emerging privacy regulations
- Ability to partner with Privacy and Legal to ensure that privacy compliance activities and initiatives within IT align with Corporate standards
- Ability to exercise good judgement, problem tackle, and make decisions in complex situations
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a complex, highly regulated environment
- Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments
- Problem solver, able to tackle issues independently or raise when necessary, sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
- Experience defining technical requirements and specifications, writing policy, and adapting requirements to technical and business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Security or Privacy industry certifications preferred
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance tools and technology preferred, including OneTrust
- Knowledge of compliance methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard compliance framework.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, ESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick