Procurement Deal Analyst
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Procurement Deal Analyst
Reporting to the Procurement Manager (Procurement Business Solutions), the Procurement Deal Analyst performs contract terms risk assessment through AI enabled discovery, on/off contracts spend analysis, contracts pricing compliance and expiration management for assigned projects as defined by workflow or other operation’s needs. Assigned sites and/or categories may change from time to time. The assigned scope is generally broad in nature over multiple sites.
The Procurement Deal Analyst performs deal evaluation and governance analysis, monitors the Pre-Purchase Competitive Assessment (PPCA) process and identifies enhancement opportunities. This includes category strategy gap analysis and other assessments as defined by management. This associate is responsible for achieving or otherwise enabling Class I and II savings targets (if applicable), and for assigned supply base, achieving or otherwise enabling value targets within the assigned sites and/or categories.
The Procurement Deal Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders for assigned categories and/or sites and handles a wide range of two-way communication with and in support of site procurement that arises during contracts obligations and compliance management and/or deal evaluation and governance, while demonstrating close collaboration and alignment with category and sourcing managers at the global or regional level.
The Procurement Deal Analyst is also responsible for completing other operational activities (sourcing or contracting support) within the Procurement Business Solutions team, as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contracts compliance and obligations management (including risk assessment)
- Deal development, evaluation and governance (including category strategy gap analysis)
- Scoping, modelling, and analyzing impacts of deal decisions (including pricing/rebate models, contractual risk assessment and supply risk mitigation)
- Contract’s expiration management and renegotiation prioritization
- Monitor and enhance Pre-Purchase Competitive Assessment (PPCA) process
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides input to the development of sourcing strategies through analysis of risk, terms, contracts
- Performs on/off contract spend, pricing compliance analysis and contract’s expiration management
- Contributes to the design, development and delivery of deal metrics, deal models and processes
- Assist in creation and governance of deal proposals and review financial parameters of procurement deal
- Evaluates deal economics, assess opportunities for alternative deal structures
- Acts as monitor or extension of the PPCA process
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three years of related work experience within finance and/or procurement
- Experience in a global organization desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Analytical and quantitative financial skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up deal analysis, deal model scenarios and processes
- Category management or strategic sourcing
- Deal model assessment and analysis
- Contracts lifecycle analytics and compliance
- Sourcing strategy compliance
- Cost management practice
- Strategic sourcing process participation
- Ability to flex across a wide range of assignments and spend categories
- Procurement Systems such as spend and contract databases (i.e., SAP, Aravo, Scout RFP/WSS, Buy Smart, Sievo) nice to have
- MBA desirable
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. We are continuing to monitor the situation and follow local governmental guidance to advise when is the right time and safe for our associates to return to their BD work location.
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick