Risk and Compliance Analyst (SOX)
Job Description SummaryThe Risk and Compliance Analyst (SOX) assists the Senior Manager, IT SOX & Audit Compliance in providing oversight of internal controls over financial reporting for the Company. In this role, the analyst is responsible for capturing and maintaining accurate SOX documentation and partnering with Internal and External Audit in planning and executing the SOX compliance testing program. The role requires the building of strong relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management to ensure objectives are effectively achieved and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
As aRisk and Compliance Analyst (SOX)you will beresponsible for capturing and maintaining accurate SOX documentation and partnering with Internal and External Audit in planning and executing the SOX compliance testing program.
The role requires the building of strong relationships with partners and various levels of management to ensure objectives are optimally achieved and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met.
There is a possibility to work fully remotely.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure IT SOX and automated Key Business Process controls (KBPCs) are accurately maintained within the Archer GRC platform, including narratives, process flowcharts, control descriptions and risk control matrices
- Work with control owners the root cause of any identified IT SOX deficiency identified
- Assist and provide guidance to Management to remediate controls that fail
- Partner with business process owners to improve process efficiencies in the design, modification, or streamlining of process and controls
- Assist with ongoing training to business functions with respect to internal controls and SOX compliance
- Support the IT Project Management team to determine SOX impact of new projects and ensure that controls are accurately designed for SOX compliance
- Review evidence submitted by control owners for appropriateness prior to submission to external or internal audit groups
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure requested evidence is being provided timely and ensuring the annual SOX IT audits remain on track
- Providing support for major applications for financially relevant IT systems, not currently in scope for IT SOX
- Prior experience with evaluating internal controls, SOX compliance, and COSO / COBIT frameworks is desired.
- Knowledge of SAP / ERP security and control principles and Governance Risks & Control (GRC) solutions is desired.
- Experience with governance and compliance related to ERP implementation projects is preferred.
- Prior audit and/or internal control analysis experience is desirable.
- Fluent English is a must.
Additionally, we require:
- Minimum of 1+ years experience responsible for the review of management testing of internal controls over financial reporting under the SOX controls framework
- Understanding of IT General Control frameworks including Logical Security, Change Management, IT Operations, and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Understands business processes, particularly information technology related areas, and related master data. Practical experience is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in a subject related to one of the following functions: Information Technology, Management, Information Security, Finance, or related field. CISA or CISSP preferred.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visithttps://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Additional LocationsPOL Krakow - Business Park, POL Warsaw - ul. Osmanska
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick