Senior Ethics Investigator Europe
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
Senior Ethics Investigator will investigate moderate to complex reports and allegations made to the Ethics Office or as otherwise instructed by the Leadership Team with minimum mentorship or supervision. This position will report to the Associate Director of the Ethics Office who is based in the US.
- Ensure the timely completion of assigned investigations of complaints made via any of the multiple sources for reporting concerns, such as the company Ethics HelpLine, regulatory agencies, employee relations cases, etc., following the Company investigation guidelines.
- Conduct and document effective investigations with full understanding of accepted corporate investigation best practices, and consideration of sensitivity to associates, ensuring their fair and respectful treatment in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines and/or laws.
- Collect sensitive and confidential information and documentation from appropriate sources, including through claimant, witness and targeted employee interviews, integrate and analyze facts and data from internal systems, prepare and submit reports related to investigations, and propose remedial action based on investigation findings.
- Collaborate with various individuals and departments, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees and Subject Matter Professionals such as Legal, Ethics and Compliance, HR Business Partners, and AccessHR as needed to coordinate investigation-related activities.
- Serve as Ethics representative in Europe and track all investigations from that region. Drive the investigation function in Europe, but may be called upon to perform investigations globally.
- Maintain an unbiased approach and appropriate confidentiality level throughout the investigation process. Communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate parties. Provide guidance on appropriate corrective action, ensuring consistency.
- Support other areas as needed
- Travel as needed to conduct investigations, often with short notice, will be required.
We are looking for a person with a minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in managing various employee relations issues and or investigations, with experience in writing investigative reports. Proficiency in English and can demonstrate the ability to conduct interviews and write reports in English. Any additional European language will be a plus. Ideally, you should have some work experience in a lead role conducting investigations and managing an investigative process as the lead investigator. Experience in public speaking/teaching with presentation and training skills.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in an applicable field.
- Knowledge of the principles of employment and labor laws from a global perspective. Thorough and demonstrated knowledge and application of workplace investigation procedures and principles, ethics and diversity compliance.
- Proven ability to think critically, apply sound judgment and work collaboratively and cross-functionally. Outstanding personal and professional ethics!
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in situations with time constraints and handle complex investigations with objectivity, and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Organizational savvy combined with managerial courage to manage investigations that may impact senior-level associates.
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility to occasionally work irregular hours would be preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day. You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick