Senior IT Analyst - Partner for Finance
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The role of the Senior Analyst (Information Technology)- Business Partner for Finance is to serve as the person responsible for analyzing demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for Finance globally and in partnership with the regions. This individual will serve as a point person and will work with a team of business partners to conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction and deliver the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external specialists to ensure that business priorities are crafted, prioritized, and delivered. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process and workplace solutions together as they contribute to the Corporate Services agenda.
This position reports directly to the Lead Finance & Risk Business Partner, Corporate Services and will serve on the Finance & Risk Business Partner team.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with Finance Organizations to understand strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Finance Organizations including key driver goals, short- and long-term roadmaps, key projects and personnel
- Establish and earn value-adding, strategic partner relationship maturity for yourself and for the entire TGS function
- Partner with the functions to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and resolve how they fit into roadmaps and priorities
- Work with other TGS business partner teams and external partner teams to define, document, analyze and prioritize existing and emerging business requirements
- Complete the projects/improvements/deliverables needed to implement technology, processes or services to meet business requirements including the documentation, testing and implementation
- Work with and facilitate TGS’ partner teams to ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps
- Execute projects and report progress, including consistent and effective communication, organizational change impact analysis, readiness and efficiency, cutover and go-live support. This includes handling user problems and mitigating risk
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and goal-oriented approach together. We are looking for a 5+ demonstrable experience in a business including work in one or more of the following technology areas: Finance Controllership, Tax, Operations Finance, and Finance ERP Integration with Fluent English. Proficiency in system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, cutover, and hypercare.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to understand the mapping of organizational vision and contribute ideas
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Must be an authority who can influence partners in written and oral communications
- Ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working optimally across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and inspiring others all around you
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse global stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is required. Master’s degree highly desirable.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. We are continuing to monitor the situation and follow local governmental guidance to advise when is the right time and safe for our associates to return to their BD work location.
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Additional LocationsESP San Agustin del Guadalix
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick