Supply Chain BI Solution Architect
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Supply Chain Business Intelligence (BI) Solution Architect will focus on delivering solutions using technology that will enhance and enable across Europe, EMA and globally the End-to-End Supply Chain and Logistics teams to have practical insights through standardized reports/analytics/metrics.
The goal of the role is to achieve outstanding digitalization of analytics and automated reporting with good business acumen and ability to translate diverse data structures/report to insightful analysis and business initiatives in multiple supporting areas of the execution of Supply Chain and Logistics processes.
The role will play an active role in redefining BD model into a Demand-Driven Agile Supply Chain (DDASC).
Main responsibilities and duties:
Manage and coordinate multiple key tasks related to the support of developing digital analytics and automated reporting in the supply chain functions:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, and understand business requirements, collect and identify technical specifications to document, define, design and deliver analytics solutions
- Apply architectural concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Work with and align to Global Supply Chain, TGS and Data Science teams to understand company strategy on data science, standardization and technology platforms
- Develop defined key reports for the different stakeholders for the Global Supply Chain organization
- Design, build and maintain Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process, and work with the company’s data warehouse team as necessary
- Use a variety of tools and programming languages to build algorithm and data rules to combine and structure the data source for analytics
- Use data visualization tools such as Power BI and others to present the insights to the stakeholders
- Work on continuous improvement and automation of developed solutions based on stakeholder feedback
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the function by designing and promoting best practices
- Explore state-of-the art capabilities such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other data analytics tools and help with introduction to day-to-day usage and achieve better outcomes
All of this is based on decisions taken by the Sr Manager, Global Supply Chain Analytics & Digitalization based out of Eysins, Switzerland.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- University degree, Computer Science a plus, or equal through experience
- Relevant business experience in either logistics, customer service, supply chain or procurement operations
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Macros and VBA
- hands - on experience in development with applications: Qlik Sense; QlikView; Office 365 environment
- Previous experience with developing Power BI reports
- Fluent in relational database concepts
- Some knowledge of Python, R, DAX, SQL
- Basic experience with cloud services (eg. MS Azure)
- Basic knowledge of supply chain and logistics processes is key
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus – SAP, SCM
- Innovative thinking and strong presentation and communication skills
- Proficient level of English
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visithttps://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationPOL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Additional LocationsFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick