Facilities Engineer (Onsite)
Job Description SummaryReporting to the BD Zaragoza Facilities Leader, the Facilities Engineer is supporting the activities of planning, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facilities in compliance with cGMP and site/industry regulations.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
Collaborating with the BD Zaragoza Facilities Leader, the Facilities Engineer is supporting the activities of planning, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facilities in compliance with cGMP and site/industry regulations.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Scope: mechanical, electrical, clean-rooms, fire-protection, BMS (building management sytems) and QBMS.
- Coordinate the day-to-day maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and associated equipment operating under GMP quality system according to the schedules and instructions defined with the Facilities Leader
- Support incident and emergency response as appropriate. Manage and coordinate with vendors to ensure rapid and effective resolution of any incidents / emergency situations that may affect the plants’ production output and plant employees’ safety
- Plan and secure accurate completion of preventive maintenance activities
- Ensure facilities suppliers consistently deliver against agreed to service levels (in collaboration with Procurement and Supplier Quality associates)
- Ensure the site is aligned with relevant regulations, (industry standards, safety, quality)
- Support the Facilities Leader in the execution of the commissioning of new installations / facilities infrastructure, including validation activities
- Provide support to quality investigations where relevant
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date the P&ID, site plans, AutoCAD drawings, etc…
- Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Knowledgeable in the reduction of carbon-based reliance
- PLC controller knowledge
- Familiar with SAP, CAD, MS project
- Familiar with operating a BMS (building management systems)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (both verbal and written communication)
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience in facilities engineering or similar preferably in a regulated industry
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationESP Zaragoza
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick